do something special

do something special

Wednesday 25 June 2014

George and Sophie's blog

Sophie
Good evening! As the sun has disappeared, I have come in to write our blog. This has taken a little while to do as I love sitting outside so much that I kept forgetting to come in and get on with our blog.
George


My name is George and my companion is Sophie. We are both rather shy and quite often Sophie will hide away from everyone. Some days, even I don't see her when she is hiding under the bed. I much prefer being outside in the fresh air though I do have a fondness for my bed too.

We came from a lovely home where we were well cared for and didn't want for anything but sadly we have found ourselves in the care of York RSPCA because, as is the way of life, our elderly owner was no longer able to give us the care we needed. It was a sad day for us all. It's hard to let go of someone you love very much and we know it was for the best but that doesn't make it any easier. I think that is why we are so reserved. It's hard learning to love again but we are getting there and I think we are ready for a new family to teach us again.

I would love a garden that I could lounge and potter around in and Sophie tells me she would like a place where she can feel safe and can come out of her shell at her own pace. My Auntie Laura reckons we should have a bunk bed because we like to share a bed but Sophie prefers to hide underneath and I'm quite comfortable lounging on the blanket. I do sometimes end up sitting on Sophie's head but when she takes up the whole bed, what am I supposed to do? She doesn't seem to mind much.

If you think you can offer a quiet, patient home for us then please come and meet us. We take a little while to trust but we are getting better at it and do love being stroked. I promise we will be wonderful companions for someone who is willing to look our way.

Auntie Laura: George and Sophie are such a lovely pair of cats but continue to be overlooked because they are older and more timid than some of our other residents. Once they know you, they are so affectionate and it would make our day for someone to give them a chance at their forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment