do something special

do something special

Monday 5 May 2014

Lottie's blog

Hello from one of the more senior members of the kennel blocks. I don't just mean in age either; someone needs to be in charge here.


All these new pups come along with their dithering excitability and happiness when people bring food or stop by their kennels but I've been here too long for that. I'll sit and watch the world go by but I never expect them to stop for me. I sometimes shout for them to come back...



...but they'd rather have a youngster to dash around in the garden and probably chew the carpet. Why would anyone want to chew anything that isn't edible, it's rather uncivilised if you ask me! But what do I know, I'm just an old lady.

I have some crazy neighbours. The guy next door, Travis has a mountain of toys that he plays with and throws around his kennel all day and whilst that's great for him, I would much prefer some peace and quiet.

I do get away from the noise from time to time. I can sometimes sit behind reception and keep an eye on the humans coming and going. I'd make a great receptionist but between you and me, I think I'd show the staff up with my people skills.
 

I go for lots of walks too. I don't go to far, what with these achey joints - not what they used to be you know! I have some lovely humans that I take for these gentle walks. They give me lots of treats and fuss so I take it they enjoy their walks.

My Auntie Laura surprised me with a trip to Temple Newsam with her pooches. I had fun in the sunshine and sat amongst the flowers.


 
 
Harv, the big lovable bear and Ellie, the energetic ball picker were great company though I think when I have my own house, I'd like to be the only animal as I like my own space and I'm really not keen on cats, it's the eyes that get me!

 


It makes me sad knowing that whilst I have a place to stay, I don't have a place to call home. Can you imagine not really having your own home? I can and the feeling gets worse everytime I see one of my neighbours go off to their wonderful new homes. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge them it but my heart still sinks everytime people pick someone else.

Is there something wrong with me?

Did Travis stick that old bird sign on my back again? I'll be confiscating his toys if he has!


 

 

 
But enough of the woe is me tale, time to buck up. No use crying over spilt dog food - there is always a pigeon or two to gobble it up.
My aunties and uncles assure me there is a forever home out there for me, the family just haven't realised it yet. Whilst I love all my family here, I couldn't think of anything greater than a family to call my own.

If you would like a gentle, sweet natured older lady who won't chew the carpets or pee on your lovely rug, doesn't need long mountainous walks but will give you lots of love and enjoyment, please stop by my kennel and make my aunties and uncles very happy.



Thankyou :)

1 comment: